Ayni in the Andes and the Qoyllor Rit’i Festival 2023 in Peru
The Andes are known for their magnetism and energies, a spiritual center that still remains largely unexplored. This is an ancient land with a living culture that is fine-tuned into an awakened spirit, well-being, and conscious living, all based on the wisdom of the past.
When you travel to Peru with Ubuntu, you will spend time living with the Amaru community of the Andes who have chosen to live away from the cities and reconnect with ancestral knowledge and traditional Incan techniques of agriculture and textile production. You will discover their relationship with Pachamama through their agriculture, natural dyes, their unique corn and traditional techniques of farming, and even an elaborate meal with indigenous and colonial ingredients, and ceremonies and rituals that are symbolic of their gratitude to her.
You will discover the land from different perspectives, be it biking ancient trails or climbing up to Machupicchu.
And then finally, Bringing this journey together is a very important festival. Unique to Peruvian culture, this exciting experience will have you join thousands of pilgrims and visitors from around the world, over 3-4 days as you all ascend 5200m and more, with processions and dances, combining indigenous, Incan, and Christian beliefs, to honor the beginning of harvest, the magnificence of the glacier of Ausungate, and Christ.
On this path of Ayni in Peru, you are a part of a highly responsible, culturally sensitive, and environmentally sound journey. Our partners actively support some social causes and when on a journey with us experiences you have are related to giving back to these causes too.
- You will be living with and spending time with the indigenous Amaru of the Andes.
- You will connect and engage with the people of various Andean communities who attend the festival.
- You will enjoy being a part of something very sacred and at the same time have a lovely time with music and dance too.
- You will get an insight into ancient and local indigenous food, practices and lifestyle.
- You will have the opportunity to connect with your self and others and have intriguing conversations with new people while learning to live in harmony like family.
- You need to be an adult (18 years and above).
- You are 10 years and above, accompanied by an adult.
- You have good health with no serious complications/afflictions.
- Anyone with a history of any severe illnesses should check with their doctor before confirming this journey.
- We have created this journey as a serious connection and understanding of the Andes and its people We encourage travellers to keep an open mind and heart, respect the hosts’ and others’ homes, privacy and freedom of speech and expression.
- While we have thoroughly researched every detail of the logistics, destination and we are working with the best partners for this, travel of any sort might throw us some unexpected surprises. These turn out to be lovely surprises more often than not but every now and then there might be a hiccup. But we like to see this as an ‘adventure’ or ‘learning’.
Duration: 15 days
Group Size: 1 to 8 pax
Trip Dates: 25th May 2023 – 8th June 2023
Last Date for Registrations: 19th January 2023
Price: Starting from USD 5894 pp twin sharing + 5% GST
Registration Fees: USD 800* + 10% of Journey Price**
*Adjustable in final cost but non-refundable in case of cancellation
**Price based on group size
- Domestic flights ( *Rates are subject to change unless ticketed)
- Services with professional local English-speaking guides
- Transfers with English speaking representative
- Private transfer from Cusco airport to the Sacred Valley
- 3D2N Program at Amaru community – includes two nights at a local house, full board, and activities in the community
- Private lunch at Hacienda Sarapampa
- Mountain biking of Salinas of Maras and Moray archaeological site including picnic lunch
- 2D1N Short Inca Trail to Machupicchu
- Pre-departure briefing
- Collection from your hotel in the morning and transfer to Ollantaytambo train station in Cusco
- Inca Trail and Machupicchu entrance fee
- English speaking professional and official tourist guide (2 guides for groups of over 8 people)
- Meals 01L (box-lunch). Vegetarian or special menus are available at no extra cost
- First-aid kit including emergency oxygen bottle
- Bus ticket from Machupicchu ruins down to the village of Aguas Calientes – 1st day
- Round trip bus ticket Aguas Calientes – Machupicchu – Aguas Calientes – 2nd day
- Vistadome Train ticket from Ollantaytambo / Sacred Valley to Km104 and from Aguas Calientes to Hidroelectrica
- Transfer train station – hotel in Cusco
- 24-h guest service: please ask for the emergency number available during your time of visit
- Entrance to Huayna Picchu – subject to availability
- Visit to San Pedro market and Ceremony Tribute to Mother Earth in Qenqo woods.
- Half-day visit to Cusco streets with an expert
- All guided excursions described in the itinerary
- All entrance fees for the activities proposed.
- All specified meals – Vegetarian option is available with no extra charge
- Carbon offsets
This program and price quotation are subject to change depending on the Health and Safety Protocols that may be implemented by the Peruvian Government related to COVID-19. Any relevant changes will be duly informed.
Because of the nature of hotels and the travel industry, it is not always possible to secure the hotels and lodges listed in the itinerary. Ubuntu will endeavor to secure the hotels listed in your itinerary. However, Ubuntu reserves the right to secure the next best available option or an upgrade in the event that the original hotels are not available or overbooked.
You may cancel your journey at any time provided that the cancellation is made by the person submitting the booking form and it is communicated to us in writing. Cancellation will take effect the day such notification is received by us.
As this incurs administrative costs, we will retain your 10% non-refundable deposit in all circumstances and will apply cancellation charges up to the maximum shown below: –
Days Before Departure Cancellation Charge
- 60 days or more: 10% Non-refundable deposit + expenses*
- 60-46 days: 30% of your journey cost + expenses*
- 45-31days: 50% of your journey cost + expenses*
- 30 days or less: 100% of journey cost
If you would like to register for this journey please firstname.lastname@example.org