Tracking the Ghost of the Mountains – An encounter with Ladakh’s Snow Leopards
Life exists and thrives in some of the harshest climes of the world. It is our responsibility to protect and conserve this unique way of being. This journey then takes you high amidst the desolate grandeur of Ladakh’s arid winter landscapes and introduces you to it all. You will encounter diverse wildlife; ibex, urial, bharal, pikas, hares, marmots, the Tibetan wolf and red fox and so many different birds, while being immersed in the lives of local communities that share their world with the wild life here.
You will slow down and soak in the ethereal majesty of the mountains, connecting with nature, self, and something greater than us all…
… until you finally encounter the elusive, elegant, holy grail of mountain wildlife, the least-spoken-about big cat, the snow leopard.
Snow leopards are ambassadors of the planet’s highest places and are considered sacred by the people who live there. As an apex predator, the presence of this big cat indicates a healthy ecosystem.
This journey takes you right into the heart of snow leopard country with some of the best snow leopard trackers on the planet.
It is here in Ladakh’s austere winter beauty that we understand coexistence, endurance, true freedom and conservation on this adventure of a lifetime.
- You need to be an adult (18 years and above)
- You are 8-10 years and above, accompanied by an adult
- You have good health with no serious complications/afflictions.
- Your fitness levels are above average
- Anyone with a history of any severe illnesses should check with their doctor before confirming this journey.
- We have created this journey as a serious connection and understanding of the wildlife in the winters in Ladakh and its people We encourage travellers to keep an open mind and heart, respect the hosts’ and others’ homes, privacy and freedom of speech and expression
- While we have thoroughly researched every detail of the logistics, destination and we are working with the best partners for this, travel of any sort might throw us some unexpected surprises. These turn out to be lovely surprises more often than not but every now and then there might be a hiccup. But we like to see this as an ‘adventure’ or ‘learning’.
Duration: 7 nights 8 days
Group Size: Min 6 Pax/Max 12 Pax + Includes Personal Trip Leade
Trip Dates: November 2022 to April 2023 (except 25th-28th Dec, February, and 1st half of March)
Non-Group: Per Person/Adult, Double Occupancy: INR 1,14,000+5% GST
Per child 8-10y same room: INR 69,000+5% GST
Group Tour – Min 6 Pax/Max 12 Pax + Includes Personal Trip Leader**
Price Per Person, Double Occupancy: INR 1,38,000+5% GST
*Rates are subject to availability and tax changes
Booking and Payment process:
- Booking confirmation- 15% advance 1 year prior to the trip or at the time of booking if it is less than one year (non-refundable)
- 35% – 6 months prior to the trip (non-refundable)
- Balance 50% – 3 months prior to arrival ( non-refundable )
**Prices are for Indian Nationals only & valid till April 2023. For Foreign Nationals please reach out to email@example.com
- Accommodation and meals on the mentioned dates
- All transfers and permits from Leh to Leh airport.
- All activities and services of trackers, guides, drivers etc.
- Flights to and from Leh airport
- Items of personal nature like gratuities, phone calls, shopping, laundry, alcohol, beverages,
- snacks and all additional charges that are not covered in the package.
- Any additional chargeable activity opted for.
- Travel and Medical Insurance
- Any expenses arising due to unavoidable circumstances beyond our control
- Booking confirmation on receipt of 20% advance.
- Full payment must be made 60 days prior to the start of the trip.
- 70 % of the trip fee up to 60 days before the start of the trip
- 50 % of the trip fee 30 to 60 days before the start of the trip
- 25 % of the trip fee 15 to 30 days before the start of the trip.
- No refund for cancellations within two weeks from the start of the trip.
To start planning your journey now reach out to us at firstname.lastname@example.org or +91 98216 85074